Monday, November 29, 2010

Globalization paves the way to make countries more porous

As I was able to hear our discussions about migration, I realized the different pros and cons of this activity as people. One advantage on making countries more porous is that it would help in reducing overpopulation of a certain country. It would also surely help in regulating and providing ease for allocating their resources. However, one negative thing on the other hand is that, if countries would be made porous, there are a lot of dangers or risks that would arise given that it would be hard also for the government to watch out for the welfare of their citizens outside their territory moreover protect their cultural identities. Another would be the danger as well of the protection of the national territory of course. This process may also give a bit of leeway for terrorists and other illegal transactions that may threat a nation’s defenses and people. Having weighed in all possible effects of this, I just realized what globalization has been aiming for; a society for all humanity by being a help for one another. It entices interdependence of every country. However, even though it is quite ideal for all of us, the thought of being dominated by hegemonic cultures and practices would certainly make me become skeptic with all the ideas and the bargain of the development. I’ve always been an admirer of my own heritage and I would certainly be able to survive even by just maximizing what I have in my resources. However, trend now is way too far compared to what we used to have before. For me, my view on living by my culture and tradition is too good to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment